colorfulchew

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Platinum Donator
Azure VIP
Developers Developers Developers
Crate Team
It's the towny developers being cocks. Nothing to worry about.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
That's easily removable by editing the plugin, Don't know why you haven't done so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Probably just because no one was/is worried about it and Chewbert is already pretty busy on more important things.
This was the first time I've ever seen anyone show concern over the messages o-o

Book_Mouse

Rock Star
Platinum Donator
I believe the owner has left the message in there deliberately to cover his ass and keep peace with the creators of Towny. You see, on our server it is possible to pay real-world money to buy in-game points, which can then be used for a variety of things, including exchanging points for Towny claim blocks. You can understand why the creators of Towny would be concerned if servers were profiting from using their plugin. (For the record, I don't know of anyone on our server who buys points to use them that way...As in the example that kicked off this thread, they're given out in large quantities on this server as a sort of "Better luck next time" prize while players are trying to win cooler things.)
Colorfulchew has been running supernoobs for seven years already. We play here because we love him and respect him and appreciate how well he manages the server. That being said, he's very kind and listens to his players. If you have suggestions, you can post them here:
https://supernoobs.net/forums/suggestion-box.23/

Anorak

Smelly Noob
Platinum Donator
Minimaps show where caves are as well as entities and players. I doubt minimaps aren't considered cheating.

NekoHunter

True Noob
Staff member
Mod+
Platinum Donator
Generally speaking, mini maps are considered ok so long as the user turns off cave mode and mob/player radar. The spirit of the rule is to level the playing field so that mods/exploits do not give players an advantage over those not using them. By disabling the aforementioned features, a map mod gives no more insight than any other player could get from Dynmap.