1. Have you voted?

What is this??

Discussion in 'Website Issues & Suggestions' started by Harley, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Harley

Harley Newbie Silver Donator

Minecraft username:
    harleyman_
    Today while using my keys at the crate, this came up when I used one of them. Don't know if it was from the crate or a server announcement.

click link to view picture:
    https://ibb.co/ecAbhb

2. colorfulchew

colorfulchew Owner Staff Member Owner Platinum Donator Developers Developers Developers

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    colorfulchew
    Gamertag:
    colorfulchew
    Twitch:
    colorfulchew
    YouTube:
    colorfulchew
    It's the towny developers being cocks. Nothing to worry about.

3. Harley

Harley Newbie Silver Donator

Minecraft username:
    harleyman_
    ok thanks. had me a little worried.

4. Sillyjake

Sillyjake Newbie

Minecraft username:
    Sillyjake
    That's easily removable by editing the plugin, Don't know why you haven't done so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Moderator Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Probably just because no one was/is worried about it and Chewbert is already pretty busy on more important things.
    This was the first time I've ever seen anyone show concern over the messages o-o

6. Book_Mouse

Book_Mouse Rock Star Staff Member Mod+ Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    I believe the owner has left the message in there deliberately to cover his ass and keep peace with the creators of Towny. You see, on our server it is possible to pay real-world money to buy in-game points, which can then be used for a variety of things, including exchanging points for Towny claim blocks. You can understand why the creators of Towny would be concerned if servers were profiting from using their plugin. (For the record, I don't know of anyone on our server who buys points to use them that way...As in the example that kicked off this thread, they're given out in large quantities on this server as a sort of "Better luck next time" prize while players are trying to win cooler things.)
    Colorfulchew has been running supernoobs for seven years already. We play here because we love him and respect him and appreciate how well he manages the server. That being said, he's very kind and listens to his players. If you have suggestions, you can post them here:
    https://supernoobs.net/forums/suggestion-box.23/

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Neverywhere

Neverywhere True Noob

Minecraft username:
    Neverywhere
    That minimap at the bottom right looks cool though!
    What's it called?

8. Sillyjake

Sillyjake Newbie

Minecraft username:
    Sillyjake
    I believe that may be Journey map (it's a forge mod)

9. Anorak

Anorak Smelly Noob Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    Minimaps show where caves are as well as entities and players. I doubt minimaps aren't considered cheating.

10. NekoHunter

NekoHunter Moderator Moderator Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NekoHunter
    Twitch:
    NekoHunter
    Generally speaking, mini maps are considered ok so long as the user turns off cave mode and mob/player radar. The spirit of the rule is to level the playing field so that mods/exploits do not give players an advantage over those not using them. By disabling the aforementioned features, a map mod gives no more insight than any other player could get from Dynmap.