1. Have you voted?

Welcome to Scarlet

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Book_Mouse, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Book_Mouse

Book_Mouse Rock Star Moderator Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    We're happy you're here! This is a cooperative Towny world (no fighting). We're friendly. I was asked to prepare a walkthrough of starting out for new players but there is so much to tell you! Here are the most important things:

Do /rules I'll clarify a few:
    - chat channels: use /l to chat with players who are close by (local); /tc to chat with other residents of your town (town chat); /msg <playername> to chat with only that one person. Anything you say in the /g (global/general) chat is an Announcement to everyone in Scarlet.
    - do not touch anything that was placed by another player. Do not build within 250 blocks of anyone else.

/jobs browse. Choose three of them. Noob+ gets four. Now you'll make in-game money for breaking/placing blocks, killing mobs, etc. /jobs gives more info.

/rtp will let you random teleport into the wild so you can start playing. Look at the dynamic map (dynamap) to see if you've found a good spot: http://supernoobs.net:8123/

/sethome Once you type this command, you can return to that spot with /home. You get three sethomes. Name them. Example: /sethome house; /sethome mine. Then typing "/home house" will teleport you back to your house. (more info: https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/uhome)

Join a town. Ask in /g if anyone has a town you can join. If no one answers, there may be no mayors online. Ask again later. (more info: http://towny.palmergames.com/towny/757-2/)

Protect your builds. Griefing isn't allowed here but you're still responsible for keeping your own stuff safe. If you don't want to join a town, your base can be your own town. Do these three commands in order:
    /t new Name_of_Your_Town; /t deposit 200; /t claim. Read this link, it's important: https://supernoobs.net/wiki/claiming-land-a-towny-guide/

(Towny has hundreds of commands. More info: http://towny.palmergames.com/towny/towny-commands/)

Win prizes by doing /vote sites and voting for the server. Voting gives you points to spend in /bs or at /warp crate to buy "keys" to play a slot-machine-style game at the chest (left-click to see what the current prizes are). Points will earn you OP gear, extra Towny plots and special items. Do "/claim all" to collect your voting points.
    https://supernoobs.net/wiki/voting-info/

Exploratorium is where you should do your tree-punching, mining, hunting, resource-gathering. /warp exploratorium, then step thru the water portal into the glass dome. type /rtp and make as big a mess as you like, the world is regenerated regularly. /spawn or /home to return to Scarlet.

Need help? You can find staff by looking for [Helper], [Mod], [Mod+] or even [Admin] ranks. Other titles/colors are not staff but show who has donated real-world money to keep the server running. Questions about commands should be directed to Whiskers. Example, type: whiskers how do I make a town?

Comment below with the things I've missed!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Honest_Abe

Honest_Abe Smelly Noob Silver Donator

Minecraft username:
    Honest__Abe
    Lost:confused:.......One of the best things about this server that most Minecraft server don't have is "Map". This is located at the top of this page. The map is real time, and extremely helpful when you are lost or planning to relocate your home. It also has a boat load of information about who is online (current location) and town boundaries players have claimed. While exploring, I keep the map on my tablet while exploring on my PC.

3. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    Oh, and here's one that confuses a lot of new players: Yes, spawners can be made to drop as items if mined using a pick enchanted with silk touch, but ONLY if that pick is held by a player who has already donated real-world money to the server. Look for players with [Silver] rank or higher. If you ask in chat, usually someone will volunteer to teleport and help you collect it.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    I've had a couple of brand-new players today ask me about setting up a warp. Don't get confused: For your base, your first house on the server, use the /sethome <name>, command. Not only is the /warp menu complicated to use but it costs money to create a warp and so is best left for later.

5. Neverywhere

Neverywhere True Noob

Minecraft username:
    Neverywhere
    Another little tip: if you name one of your homes "home", typing "/home" will teleport you to it.

Oh, and don't forget to use your MCMMO skills! They rock, especially Super Breaker! (see what I did there?) :)

6. Arfer Moment

Arfer Moment Moderator Moderator Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    arfermoment
    i am so naming mine /home sweethome :p

7. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    There is a rule here that mayors are not allowed to add players to their towns without asking first if you'd like to join. Keep an eye out for this and if you notice you've been added to a town without your say-so be sure to tell staff right away so we can smite the offending mayor.

8. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    How to get [Noob+]
    1. Register on the forums (top-right at supernoobs.net)
    2. Leave it logged-in. In-game chat type /link
    3. Click the url that comes up in chat
    4. Relog. Your new rank won't show until you type in the global chat (/g)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    And now it's time for a new episode of Instructions to Copy-Paste! We can send this in /msg to players who don't click links to more thorough instructions. Feedback welcome.

Make a town: 1. You need $300. 2. Be more than 250 blocks away from other builds. http://supernoobs.net:8123 3. Type /t new Name_of_Town. 4. /t deposit 200. Keep lots of $ in your /t deposit. 5. F3+G and type '/t claim' in the areas you're claiming.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. akselj2

akselj2 Casual Noob Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    akselj2
    LoL username:
    -
    Gamertag:
    -
    Twitch:
    -
    YouTube:
    -
    PSN:
    -
    i can't really be of help but good idea this thing, and for any newbies (please don't get offended) im here if ya need help. any plat player or whatever else kind of player can help you! don't be scared to ask us!

11. Neverywhere

Neverywhere True Noob

Minecraft username:
    Neverywhere
    The name of the server is SUPER NOOBS. Anyone who's offended by being called a noob (= newbie) is not in the right mindset, imo :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Linksdrunk

Linksdrunk Casual Noob

Minecraft username:
    linksdrunk
    Bonus rule (no one follows it but I say it should be) as stated any old builds should not be touched UNLESS given permission by staff or the owner of the build.

That being said there is no rule on turning these buildings into temples and shrines to The Old Ones so long as you follow the rule of not touching the build. Please contact your local Linksdrunk for more info on worshipping the The Old Ones.

13. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    You're not allowed to claim anything that isn't yours. You're not allowed to occupy a house you didn't build. You're not allowed to add to a house you didn't build. I know of several players serving 1-6 month bans for moving into abandoned houses. Which is why there is such a lively discussion on the subject: https://supernoobs.net/threads/greifing-rule.3337/page-2#post-14213

If, as link says, you can get the creator to give you their builds, that would be okay. I'd advise taking screenshots of chat and doing whatever you can to get proof of your agreement though. But sometimes players do build things for each other. Not unusual.

14. Book_Mouse

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    Players can now do "/warp noob" to read helpful info while still in-game.