• Have you voted?

Towny mobs

Thread starter #1

fatdslug

Casual Noob
Platinum Donator
Something happened where mobs despawned in towny blocks. I lost all my cows, chickens, sheep and pigs, but most importantly, I lost my all my villagers I have spent hours and hours breeding villagers I have killed over 1000 to get the right ones with the right trades. This is not the first time my villagers have been traumatized. I had to tear down and redo my villager center when there was data corruption.

Long story short, is there a way to get some spawn eggs so I don't have to start over, AGAIN?
Has this issue been resolved, or am I going to continue to fight this?

Thanks for any assistance!!

Anorak

Smelly Noob
Platinum Donator
You should talk to colorfulchew. He's really the only developer of the server so he'd be the one to fix those things. He'll probably reply eventually, though.

Tieablecookie

Mod
Staff member
Platinum Donator
towny considered friendly mobs as hostile for a while, so it automatically removed them. the issue is fixed now, it may be possible for a mod+ to roll your mobs back.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
towny considered friendly mobs as hostile for a while, so it automatically removed them. the issue is fixed now, it may be possible for a mod+ to roll your mobs back.
I haven't tried rolling them back yet, and it may not be possible, but if it is we might could do that. If not I'll look into one of the other methods.

colorfulchew

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Bronze Donator
Azure VIP
Developers Developers Developers
Crate Team
Super late to this one, but be careful to not over crowd your chunk with mobs. Large amounts of mobs can cause all to despawn. If you lost around 50 villagers, you must have been close to the chunk mob limit. :p

sturdley

Casual Noob
Platinum Donator
Azure VIP
They were spread across several chunks, so mob cap isn’t a problem. I have since replaced them and all is fine now.