• Have you voted?

Staff Mentorship Program & Staff Application Changes

Greetings! We've been a server for over two years, and these forums have been around for just as long. So, it's about time we make some changes to the staff approval process. So here it goes.

New staff members are to be serve in an apprentice role and have a mentor who is already staff. Currently, as of typing this, only moderators and above are able to be a mentor. When applying for staff, you yourself can choose your mentor so long as they agree. If you do have a mentor who is agreeable to training you, your chances of getting staff are GREATLY increased. If you do not have an agreeable mentor throughout the application process, your chances will be slimmer, but you can still make staff if the factors are still in your favor. You will have a mentor assigned to you in that case.

Please keep in mind, annoying staff asking them to be your mentor will factor into our decision about you as staff. You will be interacting with these people on a daily basis. If you lack the social ability to not annoy these people, you likely aren't suitable for staff.

Along with change, you will see that our Submission Format post has been updated, along with an example staff application of what we expect to see. Please note that plagiarism of the example staff application is probably the dumbest thing you could do, and will be grounds for immediate rejection of your application.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Comments

So, you're saying that if I don't have a moderator then i'm more likely to not become a helper or moderator?

So, you're saying that if I don't have a moderator then i'm more likely to not become a helper or moderator?
Well, not exactly. Having a mentor will help train you, so you are better off in situations. Not having a mentor, you'll be less experienced in those fields. Which is why we want you to find a mentor, so you'll be better at your duties. Not having a mentor isn't the end of the world, as above states if you don't have one you can be assigned one. But the benefits are in favor of having a mentor.

Well, not exactly. Having a mentor will help train you, so you are better off in situations. Not having a mentor, you'll be less experienced in those fields. Which is why we want you to find a mentor, so you'll be better at your duties. Not having a mentor isn't the end of the world, as above states if you don't have one you can be assigned one. But the benefits are in favor of having a mentor.
Oh ok thanks that help me understand a little more of what I'm going to expect if I eventually become a helper.