• Have you voted?

Scheduled Extended Night Maintenance 2/9/16

Thankfully, and finally, the new server hardware has arrived. And as such, I'll have to take down the server to do maintenance on it. I'm unsure if the processor on the new server will perform enough for Scarlet, so here's the plan. I'm going to be migrating Scarlet, the website, and a few behind the scenes things over to the new hardware, while leaving Azure, Ruby, and Onyx to live on the current hardware. If Scarlet is too much for the new processor(which I suspect it might be) due to Minecraft's lovely nature of performing most actions on a single thread, I'll do another server migration switching Azure, Ruby, and Onyx out to live on the new hardware while Scarlet takes up the old hardware.

We've been getting cramped on the amount of ram available for a while now, and it's starting to creep in as the player count rises. This should be more than enough.

As with any server migration I expect there will be a lot of headaches on my end, and a lot of antsy players wanting to play. But I've been doing this for a while now. So hopefully I don't screw up in major fashion. :)

edit: I did not get all I wanted to get done tonight. But, rather than hitting my unconcious head against MySQL, I'm going to go to bed, wake up, then fix Azure, the Lobby, Ruby, etc. We should be running on Scarlet better, but dynamic map will be inaccessible. Expect more downtime tomorrow night, but really, I just need sleep.

Last edited:
We have the upmost faith in you, Color.

...*ahem*...Get your pitchforks here! Freshly sharpened! We got revenge pitchforks, half off! Comes with complimentary torch and rotten tomatoes to throw!

Dynmap is not working...
Is it still work in progress? Why it all so unstable for recent days?