• Have you voted?

Scarlet End Reset Saturday, June 11th

Hiya folks! This Saturday I will be resetting the end at "high noon"(12PM MDT! The enderdragon will respawn and... All of those tasty Elytra's will be reset. I hope you look forward to it as little as I do!

As part of this, it is necessary for me to shut down the server to cleanup files for the End, then the server will be brought back online.

Happy crafting!

Ninja edit: Those of you who caught the last survey, you should have your points now.

Last edited:

Comments

So did The End ever get reset? It still looks the same .. except now it has even less unexplored areas .

Ok I guess I missed it. I was trying to keep an eye on the dynamic map because i assumed that immediately after the End was reset that all that would show on the map is the the small central part of the map. Maybe thats not the case, or maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention around the 20th.

Ok I guess I missed it. I was trying to keep an eye on the dynamic map because i assumed that immediately after the End was reset that all that would show on the map is the the small central part of the map. Maybe thats not the case, or maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention around the 20th.
That'd be if the dynmap updates regularly and concisely... But it doesn't, does it!? :p

That'd be if the dynmap updates regularly and concisely... But it doesn't, does it!? :p
Dynmap updates every minute or so doesn't it? It shows players after all.
And in regards to this I'm not sure if someone has to go to an area for it to update on the map

Dynmap updates every minute or so doesn't it? It shows players after all.
I'm pretty sure the player info and terrain info is updated separately.
Try teleporting to a heavily forested area, and cut down some trees, then check in dynmap.
It'll take a while for the map to no longer show trees...

Since they're separate update tasks, I don't think a user needs to be in the vicinity for it to update. Ofcourse, it does need to be loaded long enough, for it not to appear as a black square on the dynmap.