• Have you voted?

REDSTONES :)

Thread starter #1

arsongrady

Helper
Helper
so before anything else. i want to say happy new year to everyone. so this is my problem. i want to build an auto-sorting storage. a multi sorter one.(multiple items per chest) because its gonna cost a lot of work if i build one chest for every item.
i built one i watched on YouTube. i tried it offline first and it seems working so then i tried to build on scarlet. it works at first but then it keeps on backing after. i tried already different multi-sorting systems, none of them seems to work. so then i ask for help at /g. then there comes the guy, the so called "best redstone guy" in scarlet. he took a look of my build then he said to me that what i did was fine. Sadly he tried to built a multi sorter before but gave up after a week. He told me that the hopper timing in the server is probably the cause of all this. so now i'm asking politely to anyone who can fix this, especially mr. Colorfulchew. is it possible for it to be fixed?.. please please please. we would really appreciate it, and it would be a lot of help :) (anyway i already built a compacted one, one item type per chest and it works, just really need a multi-sorting one)
please don't bash :)
im new to the server btw. and i love this server. <3 <3 <3

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Happy new year to you too!

It shouldn't be hopper timing as I'm pretty sure hoppers are on default timing now unless they've been changed again. It's very possible you just overlooked something small that's tampering with the entire system. I do it all the time!

If I get an opportunity I might come take a look at it if I see you online when I'm on, but if I'm being honest I'm only slightly above average with redstone so don't get your hopes up haha.

Thread starter #3

arsongrady

Helper
Helper
Happy new year to you too!

It shouldn't be hopper timing as I'm pretty sure hoppers are on default timing now unless they've been changed again. It's very possible you just overlooked something small that's tampering with the entire system. I do it all the time!

If I get an opportunity I might come take a look at it if I see you online when I'm on, but if I'm being honest I'm only slightly above average with redstone so don't get your hopes up haha.
yay. ill wait for you noniche :)

MrJosh86

Smelly Noob
Platinum Donator
I took a look at the design in question, its the same as one i built before, i believe it to be a flawed design. I spent weeks troubleshooting it and came to the conclusion its just unreliable. It'd work fine sometimes (usually when the server its quiet) but then start skipping items (not putting them into the chests) and then start backing up.

Its a TangoTek design (this one - scroll through some comments and you'll see otheres have had issues with it too), its the same sorter design Mumbo Jumbo uses.
If you watch his YouTube channel you'll see he's had issues with it too. He made a "fix" for it, which essentially un-automates the clock in it and forces a new clock timing on the whole system the, all the time - which works.... sometimes, it improves (but doesnt solve entirely) the accuracy of items going where they should be but create a whole lotta lag in the process.

My two cents, Its not reliable enough, give it a miss and find an alternative. It'll only end up frustrating you more. Thre are admittedly less space effcient designs, that works all of the time - if you can make room for them.

MrJosh86

Smelly Noob
Platinum Donator
so then i ask for help at /g. then there comes the guy, the so called "best redstone guy" in scarlet. he took a look of my build then he said to me that what i did was fine. Sadly he tried to built a multi sorter before but gave up after a week.
If youre referring to me; im flattered but I'm most definitly not "the best redstone guy" on scarlet... :rolleyes:

And i stand by what i said, what you built is correct; and as the walkthrough said you should have. The design in principle works but in practice its just unreliable.

Last edited:

colorfulchew

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Bronze Donator
Azure VIP
Developers Developers Developers
Crate Team
Oppen hurt my brain with his Redstone. Mr_Josh has some commendable redstone works as well!

Niche is one of the most excellent and friendly as far as being willing to sit down and actually help users. :)