• Have you voted?

Punishment List

Something similar to this has been in the super secret staff section of the forums as a tool, but when I was considering updating these, I decided I might as well just make it public knowledge what we punish. And personally, self consciously, I'd just like to throw out there that these punishments are much stricter than they previously had been. Part of this is that I'm sick of seeing people who are banned, then never improve. So, this list will be linked permanently on the magic wiki and show up in the rules.

And color said, the punishments shall forever be available at
http://supernoobs.net/wiki/punishments/
Or, at least as long as the wiki is still working. You never know.

And so now that the scent of magic marker and baby powder is in your nose, let's get onto the list.

Broad Punishments
Grief

1st Offense -> 1 Month
2nd Offense -> 6 Month Ban
3rd Offense -> Permanent Ban

Hacking (x-ray, killaura, speed, fly)
Staff Intervention:
1st Offense -> 6 Month Ban
2nd Offense - > Permanent Ban
Or:
AntiCheat:
Permanent ban after a player constantly is kicked for hacking.

Item Duplication
1st Offense -> 6 Month
2nd Offense -> Permanent Ban

Spam (More than three lines of chat)
1st Offense -> Warning
2nd Offense -> 1 Week Mute
3rd Offense -> 1 Month Mute
4th Offense -> 6 Month Mute
5th Offense -> Permanent Mute

Staff Disrespect
1st Offense -> Warning
2nd Offense -> 1 Week Mute
3rd Offense -> 2 Month Mute
4th Offense -> Permanent Mute

Specific Cases
Players who join and immediately

1. Advertise other servers
  2. Spam random gibberish
1st Offense -> Permanent Ban
  1. I'm from Planet Minecraft
1st Offense -> Warning
2nd Offense -> Permanent Ban
Player v. Player Verbal Assault
1st Offense -> Warning
2nd Offense -> 3 Day Mute
3rd Offense -> 1 Week Ban

ninja edit: Maybe it's a good time to get into BDSM with all this talk of punishment

Last edited:

Comments

What about false positives, like getting kicked for hacking because of riding my pig, or for saying "Did we have someone say 'I'm from PlanetMinecraft'?" and getting auto-warned?

What about false positives, like getting kicked for hacking because of riding my pig, or for saying "Did we have someone say 'I'm from PlanetMinecraft'?" and getting auto-warned?
There is a thread that you may comment on if you're getting false positives, to let color know what he should tweak. :) Should be a little bit further down the threads list.

Edit: Here's a link for the false positives post.
http://supernoobs.net/threads/what-anticheat-false-positives-are-you-getting.2395/

As for the planet minecraft stuff, we as staff deal with it manually, it isn't handled by any plugins, so no one will get any auto-warns. :)

As for false positives, the anticheat system doesn't automatically ban until a few kicks in a short amount of time which is nearly impossible to accomplish unless you were intentionally trying to get yourself kicked. Staff is still the intervention in most situations. :)