1. Have you voted?

Outside of Spawn/ Old Builds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 13firepenguin, Aug 10, 2017.

1. 13firepenguin

13firepenguin Helper Helper Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    13firepenguin
    The area outside of spawn looks absolutely atrocious compared to the beautiful inside of spawn. I was out planting trees and bonemealing for flowers and grass to grow tonight to do my part around the spawn area but I can only do so much. I would like to ask staff to review any unclaimed/abandoned builds within 1k blocks of spawn and if they have been abandoned for over a year or some lengthy time like that/been griefed/built a tower out of dirt, that they be removed. It makes our beautiful server look bad to have these hanging around. I would remove and terraform myself if it werent for the no griefing rule which leaves this up to you our staff as something for you to attend to. Thanks for listening! =)

2. Sallavar

Sallavar Helper Helper Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Sallavar
    Gamertag:
    Mittewi
    I brought this up in the topic "Griefing Rule" which was really about removing abandon/derelict builds and towns.
    It's a long thread, but good discussion: https://supernoobs.net/threads/greifing-rule.3337/
    If you read through that section, it sounds like there is at least mod discussion taking place, but it's stuck in the crux of respecting the builds of occasional players, never knowing when or if someone will return.

I'm with you on doing some Terraforming - and have plenty of saplings to back you up, but without staff support, it'll be hard to work around all the ruins. Maybe we just add a bunch of tall grass, vines and small trees around abandon stuff to make them look like ruins?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. 13firepenguin

13firepenguin Helper Helper Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    13firepenguin
    Yes I have been following that thread and I'm glad to see the discussion taking place! Ive always heard that "the squeaky wheel gets oiled" so thats why i made another post =p
    If you see me on later ill take some oak/birch saplings and bonemeal if you have it for some terraforming =)

4. ClaryMorgenstern

ClaryMorgenstern Mrs. Chew Staff Member Waifu Mod+ Platinum Donator Quest Team

Minecraft username:
    ClaryMorgenstern
    Getting it taken care of...~

5. Linksdrunk

Linksdrunk Casual Noob

Minecraft username:
    linksdrunk
    See this would be a perfect "plant a tree" day/event for the server. Get everyone who os willing to come down and just plop saplings down or bonemealing the ground near spawn. Make it look like a reclaimed jungle.

As for the old builds, screw them, we can plant trees arpund them and of the owner comes in they have some free wood they can cut down.