• Have you voted?

Official SuperNoobs Build Competition!?!

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
DON'T FORGET TO ENTER IN THE COMMENTS OF THIS POST OR YOUR PLOT WILL NOT BE JUDGED.

Howdy everyone! Pearl here!

What is this heading? A build competition?! Such nonsense, can't possibly be true.

BUT WAIT... IT IS?!!

That's right folks, this is a post for a build competition.
The factors of this build competition are as follows:

You will have 2 weeks, starting from today to build an item/plot related to a given theme in our creative server, Ruby. (Do /ruby while in game to get there)
The time limit is only 2 weeks as it is a smaller competition. There will be bigger competitions a month long at most in the future.
The supernoobs.net build team will be the judges for this competition and therefore CANNOT participate.

THE CRITERIA ARE AS NOTED:
THEME:
SPACE (Use your imagination, as you will be judged on this. No copying build tutorials.)
TIME: 2 WEEKS. TILL THE 25TH OF JULY.
PLACE: OUR CREATIVE SERVER, RUBY. (/RUBY)

--------------Prizes----------------------------------
1st Place: $40 store credit + steam key for a chosen game.
2nd Place: $30 store credit + steam key " ".
3rd Place: $20 store credit + steam key" ".

First place gets first pick of the steam key prize pool, then 2nd place and so on.

------------Steam Keys available to pick from--------------
-Rocket League
-Castle Crashers
-Depth
-Dino D-Day
-Dungeon Defenders
-GTA San Andreas
-Left 4 Dead
-Magicite
-Murder Miners
-Orion Prelude
-Sins of A Solar Empire Rebllion
-Space Farmers
-The Ship
-Torchlight 2

---------------How to enter-------------------------
Comment your name at the bottom of this post when you have completed your build.

-------------Questions------------------
Please feel free to ask if you have any questions, and I will include a Q an A edited into this post.

Q: Is there a certain place that we can build on or do we just find a place and plot up and build?
A: Find a plot in ruby and build away. When you enter, we can then check your plot via your username, given you haven't claimed more than one.

Q: Can you use World Edit?
A: Yes, you can. You may /vote for World edit. Use /claim on Ruby to activate it and build away. But be warned, I'll know you have used World Edit and therefore will judge accordingly. I judge on creativeness as no.1 and effort as no.2.

Q: Can other people help me on my plot?
A: For this competition, I will allow it. Although, there will only be one prize per plot, so if you choose to enter with 2 people that have worked on it, either you come to an agreement who gets the prizes and/or share them between you.
This will NOT be allowed in future competitions. One person per plot only. This is the only exception I will make.

Have fun and create some wild ideas! I'd love to see what everyone can come up with! ^-^
From your Head Builder,
Pearl.

Last edited:

Comments

Alright hey pearl, so I'm going to an epic camp on the 24th, its 2 weeks and i cannot bring any electronic devices. I was wondering if i could show you it a day early, I'm so sorry it kills me to not be there for the official day. Also, I'm assuming this is how you sign up or whatever, so I'm signing up here as well joeyking is helping me with redstone. We have talked, about will be splitting the prize.

Alright hey pearl, so I'm going to an epic camp on the 24th, its 2 weeks and i cannot bring any electronic devices. I was wondering if i could show you it a day early, I'm so sorry it kills me to not be there for the official day. Also, I'm assuming this is how you sign up or whatever, so I'm signing up here as well joeyking is helping me with redstone. We have talked, about will be splitting the prize.
Enter it whenever you want. The entry instructions at the bottom of the post just say to comment here that you're entering. We'll check them all out the day of judging and release results later in the week, so you're fine.
Your question was answered in my post as well the day you asked about sharing prizes, so that's up to you. If that's your final decision, please let us know.

I have completed my build, not sure about how you will get to my plot though as I have more than one claimed on ruby, only one on the megaplot world though. Anyway if you are unable to find my plot don't be afraid to contact me somehow.

Well, so far, 19 people have rated the idea positive on the survey, but I now only have 3 plot entries. The end date is tomorrow and I'm getting rather concerned. If the turn out is low on this competition, my plans will change about organising another build competition to where I'm not sure if there will be another one. Please enter your builds, I would love to see them. Even if you're not too proud of it, give it a go. The competition in this is rather low currently, and I'd like to more player participation from the people who thought it was a good idea.

Well, so far, 19 people have rated the idea positive on the survey, but I now only have 3 plot entries. The end date is tomorrow and I'm getting rather concerned. If the turn out is low on this competition, my plans will change about organising another build competition to where I'm not sure if there will be another one. Please enter your builds, I would love to see them. Even if you're not too proud of it, give it a go. The competition in this is rather low currently, and I'd like to more player participation from the people who thought it was a good idea.
Well, I think a huge problem was it wasn't really advertised, it was only advertised on the forums and Not alot of people even go on the forums to begin with. I advertised it a few times. Even got Zatrid to go enter not sure if I got anyone else to enter but... Meh. I tried pearly I really did. D:

Well, I think a huge problem was it wasn't really advertised, it was only advertised on the forums and Not alot of people even go on the forums to begin with. I advertised it a few times. Even got Zatrid to go enter not sure if I got anyone else to enter but... Meh. I tried pearly I really did. D:
It should have also been appearing via the in game notifier.
That also doesn't take away the point that 19 people have seen and voted on this post. That's my main point. There's so much interest in it, yet its so far had little turnout. This is without mentioning the 200 or so views it has had on the forums.

Just wondering is there a specific time they are being judged tomorrow? Like I previously said, you may have difficulty finding my plot so would leave a window free when I could be on just in case.

Just wondering is there a specific time they are being judged tomorrow? Like I previously said, you may have difficulty finding my plot so would leave a window free when I could be on just in case.
No specific time. The thread will be closed, and I will be tp'ing around to each plot. I should be fine finding your plot, but regardless, if I do so manage to have trouble then I'll contact you.

Whew...finished my build. I'm going to go sleep now. Hope you enjoy!

*ALSO*

The giant castle on my plot is NOT part of my submission. I built it before the competition and it isn't very space-themed. Please don't take it into consideration when judging my build.

Last edited:
It should have also been appearing via the in game notifier.
That also doesn't take away the point that 19 people have seen and voted on this post. That's my main point. There's so much interest in it, yet its so far had little turnout. This is without mentioning the 200 or so views it has had on the forums.
I see thread -> I forget thread -> I log in to mc -> I derp around -> I leave mc -> I visit the forum -> repeat...

Happens all the time... Like me forgetting to claim my votes -_-

As for the in-game notifier... Yuck. Outdated messages made sure I ignore it 24/7 now. "The end will reset on June 11th!" does this still play? :D