NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Is this a suggestion? I can't even tell. Are you suggesting we need to take keep inventory off? Right now that might would be fine, but in the future when special crate items and other things that are extremely valuable to players come into play it's not really an option. Besides this place is more about building towns together than it is about survival. It's only survival because it makes the building and game in general more interesting.

Enzichan

Archmage
Platinum Donator
Quest Team
Event Comittee
Leave it on in case someone logs on in their basement and they have not had their corruption fixed. I died in a wall when I first logged in.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Leave it on in case someone logs on in their basement and they have not had their corruption fixed. I died in a wall when I first logged in.
Yeah all the more reason to keep it. Servers are so unpredictable sometimes. Maybe the server crashes while you are flying over the void in the end or you rtp inside of a wall or tree, etc.

colorfulchew

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Bronze Donator
Azure VIP
Developers Developers Developers
Crate Team
Is this a suggestion? I can't even tell. Are you suggesting we need to take keep inventory off? Right now that might would be fine, but in the future when special crate items and other things that are extremely valuable to players come into play it's not really an option. Besides this place is more about building towns together than it is about survival. It's only survival because it makes the building and game in general more interesting.
To me that is what makes it more interesting. Part of the problem we had in Scarlet is those tools literally could never be broken with the right mending setup and people just kinda went ham with it. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's an interesting thought exercise that shouldn't be immediately dismissed.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
To me that is what makes it more interesting. Part of the problem we had in Scarlet is those tools literally could never be broken with the right mending setup and people just kinda went ham with it. Not saying it's going to happen, but it's an interesting thought exercise that shouldn't be immediately dismissed.
Hadn't thought about it like that. Probably just because I die a lot in some dumb ways usually while afk haha. It could teach me to be a little more cautious! Though I do worry about things like getting logged out while flying or rtps.

Thread starter #7
Yes it is NoNiche ppl don't take Minecraft super serious now for example if somebody wants to get out of the nether and doesn't know how he would jump into the lava and die knowing he wont loose his stuff (it happened when I was on) sometime I like to play survival with skills you know. If it was removed I would be happy because ppl would now take the game a little bit serious and not just be lazy. sincerely oNgy2k

colorfulchew

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Bronze Donator
Azure VIP
Developers Developers Developers
Crate Team
We should instead hold items hostage for a fee- and charge interest if they don't collect... MUHAHAHAHA

Thread starter #10
Yeah all the more reason to keep it. Servers are so unpredictable sometimes. Maybe the server crashes while you are flying over the void in the end or you rtp inside of a wall or tree, etc.
Well that would be your fault cuz u don't know how to use the elytra's

Thread starter #11
Enzichan well you can pick up your iteams right lets not be lazy that's what the keep inventory is making you guys be no offense guys

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Yes it is NoNiche ppl don't take Minecraft super serious now for example if somebody wants to get out of the nether and doesn't know how he would jump into the lava and die knowing he wont loose his stuff (it happened when I was on) sometime I like to play survival with skills you know. If it was removed I would be happy because ppl would now take the game a little bit serious and not just be lazy. sincerely oNgy2k
It's a fair suggestion and I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss it. It really just comes down to how people prefer to play or the experience they want from this server. I personally enjoy keep inventory just because I'm mostly here to build and make towns perhaps do the occasional exploring. I've played the full on hardcore survival experience before. It is fun and has it's merits, but here on scarlet I mostly just want to do the things I mentioned above and good off without worry of losing my stuff. Early game I don't mind too much, but when I have an inventory full of crate items or a ton for quartz or something that I spent hours collecting I don't really care to lose it all to a creeper and repeat my work or lose my crate items especially. Also as I've mentioned before it's a real concern that one wrong rtp or server crashes while flying over the void could occur and potentially cost you a bunch of items. Crate items in particular being often bought using points which are also often bought with real currency just seem too valuable to me to risk losing. This is of course all just my opinion and how I see it for here on scarlet, my experience, and what I prefer. I can definitely see the merit behind your suggestion and the thought of also possibly keeping rare crate items rare through item loss. It's certainly something worth discussing and possibly a poll.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Well that would be your fault cuz u don't know how to use the elytra's
I'm referring to platinum players using /fly. Server crashes and log outs turn fly off. In that scenario it would be the crashes fault which is entirely out of the players control. Same thing with /rtp issues. One of those is easier to fix than the other though.

Thread starter #14
It's a fair suggestion and I shouldn't have been so quick to dismiss it. It really just comes down to how people prefer to play or the experience they want from this server. I personally enjoy keep inventory just because I'm mostly here to build and make towns perhaps do the occasional exploring. I've played the full on hardcore survival experience before. It is fun and has it's merits, but here on scarlet I mostly just want to do the things I mentioned above and good off without worry of losing my stuff. Early game I don't mind too much, but when I have an inventory full of crate items or a ton for quartz or something that I spent hours collecting I don't really care to lose it all to a creeper and repeat my work or lose my crate items especially. Also as I've mentioned before it's a real concern that one wrong rtp or server crashes while flying over the void could occur and potentially cost you a bunch of items. Crate items in particular being often bought using points which are also often bought with real currency just seem too valuable to me to risk losing. This is of course all just my opinion and how I see it for here on scarlet, my experience, and what I prefer. I can definitely see the merit behind your suggestion and the thought of also possibly keeping rare crate items rare through item loss. It's certainly something worth discussing and possibly a poll.[/QUOT/]
I understand what you mean man but ppl are just taking to much power of it that's the problem i don't like

Thread starter #15
I'm referring to platinum players using /fly. Server crashes and log outs turn fly off. In that scenario it would be the crashes fault which is entirely out of the players control. Same thing with /rtp issues. One of those is easier to fix than the other though.
to be honest idk why they add fly when they can use elytra's if the game crashes u can just be in the sky and start flying so yeah

Enzichan

Archmage
Platinum Donator
Quest Team
Event Comittee
Enzichan well you can pick up your iteams right lets not be lazy that's what the keep inventory is making you guys be no offense guys
Um, unless they are in the wall. You can't pick up things that are under ground, in the walls. There is lazy and there is knowing how the game works. This is the later.

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Um, unless they are in the wall. You can't pick up things that are under ground, in the walls. There is lazy and there is knowing how the game works. This is the later.
Similar issue with them falling into the void or something. Can't pick up items when you die in the void lol.

Thread starter #18
I know you cant but if ur flying and the server crashes and u get back on you are going to be flying in the air it has happend to me in other servers and I don't die

Enzichan

Archmage
Platinum Donator
Quest Team
Event Comittee
Sometimes thing do not work as intended. Sometimes what works in the overworld fails to work in the end or nether. Such is the nature of this crazy thing called Minecraft. Thing break. Things get fixed. Other things break. It's a cycle. Flying after logging out and back in is one of those things. It has happened to me before. Consider this my closing statement for this thread. I'm going to go enjoy some game time.