• Have you voted?

New Voting System

Starting next month I will be experimenting with a few different voting systems, but the one that seems to be the most promising will change a few things, but let me go over the differences.

So, the awkward sad part, the Minecraft-MP top voters will be suspended all together. The rewards that some people are used to getting at the end of every month will end.

But onto more exciting things. The new voting system is intended to switch to voting for Super Noobs as a network, instead of just Scarlet getting the love. Currently I anticipate that you will only receive rewards for the server you're online when you vote, or the first one you login first.

This means that if you login to Scarlet and vote, you'll get your points same as always, but if you login to Azure instead, you'll get rewards related to Skyblock. I imagine that this will not be without some roadbumps, so sorry about that. We've had a number of comments about wanting to vote for Azure, but not really knowing how.

Along with this, I plan on changing the IP address advertised to players from scarlet.supernoobs.net to supernoobs.net. I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but worse case scenario, I end up rolling back everything to how it is now. But hopefully it works out well. :)

I'm curious to see what these changes will bring. It might work it might not, but the changes sound very promising. The top voter rewards... They'll be gone, but hey if that's a step that needs to be taken to make Supernoobs the best it can be then so be it ^~^

Hmmm... Well, it has been getting increasingly difficult to crack into the top ten, so this will be interesting to see play out. I am glad I got the monthly bonuses I could while they lasted!
On one hand, first the bonus armor goes away, then the top-voter rewards. On the other, I have welcomed the three-point bonus, and new /bs choices. What might the value of new voter rewards be?
Also wondering, if you're starting to promote the base "supernoobs.net" does this mean Onyx and Ruby will be getting some love too?

Will the point system still be here?
For example I have like 300 something points will it all be there? and the /bs will also be there right? no changes to that?

This may be way too much hard work and impossible to do but what if you could spend the points on any server and they all had there own /bs? This would mean it doesn't matter what server you are on when you are vote as you could then chose later where to spend it.

@WinterFish Oh you mean the points transfer to every server in the game? like Skyblock and others? but if they had the same /bs in skyblock it would be too OP... Like for example Spawners would be 5x as much points in skyblock.... just an estimate

This may be way too much hard work and impossible to do but what if you could spend the points on any server and they all had there own /bs? This would mean it doesn't matter what server you are on when you are vote as you could then chose later where to spend it.
On the surface it seems possible. My greatest worry with that is the possibilities of doubling up on points. Say a player on Azure buys a spawner, then pops over to Scarlet and buys a spawner. There's a chance the plugin will only register the points being taken from Scarlet depending on how the plugin handles database transactions. Seems like a bit of a headache to me, but I'll have to look a little more into it.

On the surface it seems possible. My greatest worry with that is the possibilities of doubling up on points. Say a player on Azure buys a spawner, then pops over to Scarlet and buys a spawner. There's a chance the plugin will only register the points being taken from Scarlet depending on how the plugin handles database transactions. Seems like a bit of a headache to me, but I'll have to look a little more into it.
Thanks Color :D
@WinterFish Oh you mean the points transfer to every server in the game? like Skyblock and others? but if they had the same /bs in skyblock it would be too OP... Like for example Spawners would be 5x as much points in skyblock.... just an estimate
Yeah I agree they would have to be different prices and possibly sell different things but that's the idea