1. Have you voted?

My idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion box' started by themcgoldenYT, Aug 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. themcgoldenYT

themcgoldenYT Newbie

Minecraft username:
    themcgoldenYT
  2. NekoHunter

NekoHunter Moderator Moderator Diamond Donator

Minecraft username:
    NekoHunter
    Twitch:
    NekoHunter
    I'm not sure I quite understand. Between the chest shops plugin and player warps, it is presently possible for any player to set up their own warp with whatever shops they like. What exactly are you looking for?

3. Enzichan

Enzichan Helper Helper

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    Enzichan
    Do you mean a world just for shops or a server mall?

4. themcgoldenYT

themcgoldenYT Newbie

Minecraft username:
    themcgoldenYT
    yeah enzichan!

5. Neverywhere

Neverywhere True Noob

Minecraft username:
    Neverywhere
    You still didn't answer... :p

Person 1: "Option A or option B?"
    Person 2: "Yes!" :)

I like the idea of a mall as well, but it's not that easy to make it organized. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I for one am not planning on running through every player-made shop in such a mall, to find that one single chest selling sponge!

6. Tieablecookie

Tieablecookie Baked/Cooked, Small, Flat and Sweet Pastry Helper

Minecraft username:
    TieableCookie
    we already have player-made shops, GE and AH. such a shop would be just a place in which we have player-made shops, we already have the normal player-made shops and a list of shop towns, all uses of such a mall are already filled by shops we already have. i don't see why we would need one of those.

7. Anorak

Anorak Casual Noob

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    I don't mean to bomb everything you said but...

1. GE is hardly used as a source of income nor items.
    2. AH is full of overpriced items no one can even afford.
    3. Most of the player-made shops aren't updated with the new plug-in so they aren't shops.

Anyways, a mall would be a nice focalized point for people to buy a variety of things without having to go to several different shops to get what they need. I do agree there are a ton of player shops... but they don't work. :)

8. NekoHunter

Minecraft username:
    NekoHunter
    Twitch:
    NekoHunter
    I'll give you this one - GE isn't particularly user friendly, so it does often go unused.

The Auction House is designed for individual transactions, and thus does lend itself towards more expensive items like spawners, crate loot, etc. rather than common blocks. It's rare that I've seen items that "no one can even afford"; items are normally priced fairly as sellers want to sell their wares. If something is underpriced, it tends to get snapped up quickly, and if it's overpriced, it'll sit there unsold until the listing expires or the seller pulls it down. It is worth noting that it currently costs $100 to post a listing to /ah to discourage spam and lower value sales.

There are plenty of working chest shops out there. Check the /warp menu and ask in /g for referrals. I know of at least one player's shop that sells practically everything you might want to buy.

In theory any player could start a sort of mall - just set up a collection of embassy plots within a town and rent them out to other players to set up shops therein. You'd have to convince your vendors that your town was going to be stable and reliable (that you weren't going to disappear in a week or two and let it all fall to ruin), and that they would sell enough to cover whatever rent you charged them. The other major problem is placing similar vendors under the same roof. For example, if you have two vendors both selling a particular item, they could start a race to the bottom, undercutting each other's prices until the whole venture is no longer profitable. All that said, I'm a fan of the current system as it stands.

9. Anorak

Anorak Casual Noob

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    By overpriced items I mean: Listing a log on /ah for 100k (You know who you are :))

If you go to the community warps, you will see that the ratio is quite uneven when it comes to shops that are updated. Not to say that there aren't any or that there are only a few, but comparing updated to not updated, it's quite a difference.

You made a good point about mall, though. There would be the normal problems like price wars and town reliability. I probably gave the wrong impression of a mall. I'm thinking of a place where every store sells their own thing rather than competing with each other and selling the same stuff. Elysian market did a good job of this when the shops were working. Now, only one shop works there as far as I know and the rest haven't been updated.

10. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Helper Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Chest shops plug in hasn't been fixed for very long (maybe a month?). Also, all the shops were removed after the economy change that happened very recently. Despite that there are already lots of shops open or in the process of being fixed or created. Give it time.

11. Tieablecookie

Minecraft username:
    TieableCookie
    right, that was me, tess was getting mad at me because her armor in AH wasn't in order anymore because i was selling items there, so i put those logs in. [and forgot to take them out later]

12. Tieablecookie

Minecraft username:
    TieableCookie
    I doubt that this mall plugin will create anything new, the reasons you have named also apply to the mall plugin. it will just fluctuate the economy more. especially with '3' the mall plugin would probably use that same shop plugin. nothing new. we do not even need anything for this mall anyway, we have warps and shops, we could technically make one right now.

13. NekoHunter

Minecraft username:
    NekoHunter
    Twitch:
    NekoHunter
    Sign me up to sell the AFK-farmable, high priced items rather than the low priced tedious ones. :169: :D

14. Anorak

Anorak Casual Noob

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    Nothing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List