NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
2018-01-29_22.50.14.png 2018-01-29_22.51.31.png 2018-01-29_22.51.46.png 2018-01-29_22.51.58.png 2018-01-29_22.52.03.png 2018-01-29_22.52.08.png 2018-01-29_22.52.14.png
Thanks for viewing! I might make some small tweaks here and there and obviously the surrounding landscape isn't finished, but I'm quite proud of this tree! It's my first attempt at a custom organic looking tree and I think it came out quite well. :)

Of course is anyone has any critiques or ideas of how I could improve it or my technique let me know! I'm not opposed to listening to insights and always appreciate opinions and ideas.

<3

Attachments

PearlescentMoon

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Build Team Architect
Build Team Member
Platinum Donator
Well I'm surprised. Specially seeing it's your first one. Whenever I see trees made by people starting out, they usually have weird shapes, or have the whole view where the leaves seem completely glued to the branches or trunk.

Your tree shape is nice, and the leaves are balanced. Not too sure about how some of the branches are supporting those leaves, but it looks nice neverthess, disregardin' that. Good work, Niche. :)

Thread starter #5

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Well I'm surprised. Specially seeing it's your first one. Whenever I see trees made by people starting out, they usually have weird shapes, or have the whole view where the leaves seem completely glued to the branches or trunk.

Your tree shape is nice, and the leaves are balanced. Not too sure about how some of the branches are supporting those leaves, but it looks nice neverthess, disregardin' that. Good work, Niche. :)
Thanks Pearl :D Believe it or not there is a branch for every bit of leaves! They are just pretty well hidden lol. I wanted it too look as real as I could get it. At least for a first try. I've seen a lot of custom trees and people often overdo the leaves or adhere them too tightly to the branches and it comes out looking well.. funny!

Anyway, a compliment coming from someone as talented as yourself means a lot so thank you very much !

edit: I should have taken some pictures of before I added the leaves looking back on it. D: I also just noticed I basically said the same thing about a lot of trees that you mentioned, what with the leaves being too tight to the branches etc. I took a bit of inspiration from the lower branches of large jungle trees and acacia trees.

Last edited:

Book_Mouse

Rock Star
Platinum Donator
Nevermind the tree (which is great) I'm excited to see how the rest of the neighbourhood came out. Casa de Lost&Moon is worth every minute you put into it, it looks amazing. And not at all like a Santa hat. <3

Thread starter #16

NoNiche

NomNomNom
Staff member
Mod+
Build Team Architect
Platinum Donator
Wiki Team
Crate Team
Head Moderator
Nevermind the tree (which is great) I'm excited to see how the rest of the neighbourhood came out. Casa de Lost&Moon is worth every minute you put into it, it looks amazing. And not at all like a Santa hat. <3
Your idea to raise the roof (haha RAISE DA ROOF!) was a solid one. Thank you for that. I also made some other changes here and there that I think improved it. You'll have to come take a look sometime. Not too mention I dont' think you've seen any of the inside yet which I'm also pretty proud of! It's not my best house ever by far, but it's pretty great for the short time I put into it and the lack of planning that was involved.