Heya Noobs! In searching for the source of the server's lag issues, I'm going to be disabling various plugins on the server for a day to determine if it's the source of the lag. My test environment doesn't suffer from the same source of lag, so I'm not able to reproduce the issue alone unfortunately.
If one of the plugins being disabled fixes the lag that doesn't mean that it won't return, but it will allow me to investigate the issue in more depth.
I apologize for any inconvenience this causes you, but I believe that the inconveniences caused by the lag are far greater than not having the plugin for the day.
- Monday 4/10/17 Spawn leaderboards will be disabled
- Tuesday 4/11/17 Grand Exchange and Bank will be disabled
- Wednesday 4/12/17 Quests will be disabled
- Thursday 4/13/17 Shop Chests will be disabled
- Friday 4/14/17 ChestShops, GrandExchange, Leaderboards, Grand Exchange, and Quests will be coming back online. ChestShops will have reduced tracking settings and I will be actively tuning the plugin to reduce the impact on the server.
- Saturday 4/15/17 ChestShops not easily salvageable. Will be investigating other solutions.
- Thursday 4/20/17 Final Update: Turns out ChestShops were totally easily salvageable, and have a known issue. We're okay now though. No more tears.
Again, apologies for any inconveniences caused.
Edited 4/13/17 1:48PM MST: Lag issues are still persisting despite the other plugins being removed. My next suspect is Shop Chests, so those are going to be removed.
Edited 4/13/17 6:46PM MST: ShopChests definitely seem to be the source of the issue. Going to reinstall the other plugins to verify that they don't also cause an issue.
Edited 4/13/17 7:18PM MST: I came to the realization that it was shop chests when one of my tools showed 15K entities in the region for the shop town. For each shop * 3 (At least three entities incurred per shop, the block preview, the first line, and second line)
Even with all the shops on the server, ~1000 chestshops on the entire server, so it seems that there's more of a technical issue happening. Looking at the changelog for the plugin it seems that the development builds might have a fix for the issue, so I will be testing that tomorrow. Along with the new development build, I'm going with much more conservative values for where the shops will display their prices and item to the player as they approach the item.