1. Have you voted?

Introducing... /Warp noob

Discussion in 'Impressive works!' started by NoNiche, Sep 5, 2017.

1. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Moderator Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Preface: I wanted to post this under announcements, but I can't do that so we'll just file this under impressive builds for now, because gosh darnit it's impressive and we're proud.

Introducing /warp noob

Brought to you by the brilliant and creative minds of : SlapMyNuts & NoNiche
    (With some help from the also brilliant ClaryMorgenstern)

After several weeks of procrastination here it is! /warp noob

2017-09-05_03.14.20.png Don't forget to do /rules !
    (also a tip on how to leave so we hopefully don't get that question too often)
    2017-09-05_03.14.33.png
    McMMO explanations and basic commands!
    2017-09-05_03.14.40.png Towny Information: with a section for getting started as well as all the basic commands !
    2017-09-05_03.14.45.png General information : with commands for homes, how to get Noob+, and using the proper chat channels! 2017-09-05_03.14.51.png Notable plug-in's list!
    2017-09-05_03.14.54.png Economy Information : where you can find commands and explanations for Jobs, Auction house/Grand exchange, and Chest shops !
    2017-09-05_03.14.58.png
    Other Information : where you can learn more (commands/explanations) about Marriage, the exploratorium, and votes/points !

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Damn that's sexy.

Now when any nooblets join feel free to direct them here where they can learn basic commands and explanations to their hearts desire! *fingers crossed that they actually use it*

Please come check it out and if you have any suggestions you know where to shove them, ehm, excuse me. What I mean to say is feel free to leave some feedback. We would greatly appreciate any suggestions, critiques, *cough* PRAISE *cough*, etc.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  2. SlapMyNuts

SlapMyNuts Suspicious Person Moderator Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    SlapMyNuts
    im so proud of you

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
    • List
  3. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Moderator Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    And I of you. Also thank you for making me do this :p
    If we hadn't done this today it might have been another month before I would have done it.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. TorielDreemurr_

TorielDreemurr_ Musical Potato Moderator

Minecraft username:
    TorielDreemurr_
    Looks really nice, guys! I love this :) I'll definitely direct our little noobies to it :) <3

5. Arfer Moment

Arfer Moment Moderator Moderator Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    arfermoment
    It is just what we needed, nice work all :) :) :) one small point, it seems a little dark inside, i use a standard client, all default settings, and it's hard to read the signs, any chance you can up the light level a little?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SlapMyNuts

Minecraft username:
    SlapMyNuts
    yes ! absolutely. i shall light up the place more when i get back on :)

7. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    I lit it up quite a bit, but you might could still probably go back and make it look prettier :)

8. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    It should be better lit now. If you don't mind please stop by there again next time you're on and let us know if it's bright enough now. :D

9. Zeii

Zeii Newbie Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Zeii
    Very informational! Looks great! :)

10. Tieablecookie

Tieablecookie Smart-ArSE Helper

Minecraft username:
    TieableCookie
    HEY! I SAID I WAS GOING TO HELP! god-damn-it.
    It looks good though.

11. ClaryMorgenstern

ClaryMorgenstern Mrs. Chew Staff Member Waifu Mod+ Platinum Donator Quest Team

Minecraft username:
    ClaryMorgenstern
    <3

12. Anorak

Anorak Smelly Noob Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    Very helpful with towns and mcMMO. I'm surprised Noob didn't take /warp noob already.

13. DliciousBrownie

DliciousBrownie Newbie

Minecraft username:
    DliciousBrownie
    Here is a suggestion: Make it so that noobies spawn at warp noobs when they join the server first. You will be surprised how many of them doesn't even know they can get jobs - or about warp noobs. Also if you are planning on using that small hologram to tell them about warp noobs atleast make the font bigger.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Appreciate the feedback. I'm not sure we'll be making Noobs spawn there (that's up to Color).

But I could ask him about the hologram. If he gives me the okay I'll try to make it more noticeable and maybe add 3 more to the other cardinal directions just so ze Noobs will have no excuse for having missed the hologram :p

As it is now most of the staff and I just wait until a noob asks a question that could be easily answered by visiting /warp noob then we point them in that direction.

@colorfulchew Whatchu think?

15. SlapMyNuts

Minecraft username:
    SlapMyNuts
    I absolutely LOVE the spawn that pearl has made for the server and I'd hate it if it were to be replaced with anything else.
    An alternative option can be, we make /warp noob the spawn area so they can read and understand the server a little bit more and then they press a button or something to be teleported to the current spawn area and they can start their gameplay there.

16. colorfulchew

colorfulchew Owner Staff Member Owner Platinum Donator Developers Developers Developers

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    colorfulchew
    Gamertag:
    colorfulchew
    Twitch:
    colorfulchew
    YouTube:
    colorfulchew
    I've never been a fan of the "we're going to lock you in this box for ten minutes before you can play the server." Perhaps what sounds most appealing to me is prompting the user in chat when they first join with a private chat message. "Would you like a tutorial on the server? Use /warp noob"

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

My only suggestion would be a slightly edited version of the message. Only because I feel like /warp noob is less of a tutorial and more of just a place for information.

Something like:

"First time joining? Vist /warp noob for valuable basic information."

(It doesn't have to be that exact message obviously, but I think removing the word "tutorial" would probably boost the likeliness of a noob visiting it. Just my 2 cents)

I feel like if you say tutorial they might picture it as being similar to the minecraft tutorial from the first time you play the game and that would probably be off putting for many as most people do not want to play on rails.

18. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Oh and as always, if anyone thinks of any information that should be added to the warp let me know and I'll work on it ASAP.