• Full reset

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No reset

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Just reset unclaimed areas

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Hey noobs,
We're on the verge of a new Minecraft update... Like, just around the corner... Any day now! Comonnnn budddy.....

As part of that, the server is looking at how to incorporate these changes on Scarlet. So we've been looking at three different plans:
  1. Reset the world entirely
  2. Do nothing!
  3. Spend around 200 hours writing a program to reset JUST unclaimed parts of the world
The third option is the biggest time sink, but may yield the best result, aside from some jagged borders from differing seeds.

The other augmentation we could incorporate with #2 is the addition of another world (keep in mind Exploratorium would still exist). This would mean that players would be able to go to that world, and BUILD in a fresh 1.13 world that won't be reset. There's space and game-play considerations to be made with that (People get confused by worlds), but it could work out well.

I'm looking for feedback on these three options, as well as providing more transparency into my thought process with this big decision.

As an aside: I believe Violet should probably just be reset (aside from spawn) if anyone has a differing opinion now is the time to let me know.

Comments

Awesome, sounds good. I wonder if I pack up all 550 heads into shulkers can I bring the head collection?
That's the sort of thing that we're interested in preserving. It does sort of point out a flaw in a thought I mentioned earlier privately to @SlapMyNuts so I appreciate you mentioning it... Small change of my mental plans. :')

* Mega builds (over 100x100, structures, not just excavated land)
* Collectors items
* McMmo & Jobs
* *Sloppy pussy**
You had me at sloppy pussy. Seriously though your mental plans sound great to me especially the part about allowing vaults to carry over our most treasured items. We have plenty of time to work out any kinks while we wait on plug-ins. So stoked and looking forward to the future timeline! Even more excited to get started from scratch again :D I have so many plans.

Off topic a bit, but at some point after this is sorted it'd be cool to take a look at ruby as well. I started to try build competitions again since the state of the server was... up in the air, but I simply can't get ruby to work so I had to put together a single player world with /we to work on said builds. I'd love to be able to do these build competition monstrosities right here on supernoobs!

Thank-you! I've taken screens, I'm packed and ready to go. 21 shulkers full of heads. I too am very excited and happy about the direction this is going. God speed.

I gotta ask has there been a date set for the greatly anticipated Scarlet Super Noobs World Reset? I'm sure there's a ton of additional work involved because of all the additional things to do to make this transition a fantastic one. I like everyone else I'm sure am really excited to get started on our brand new towns on Scarlet. My loyalty to the server is only comparable to the loyalty I have to my wife. I don't even look at other servers, let alone play on them. hehe... If there is anything I can do help out don't hesitate to ask. Thanks! SOooo excited! Guess I'll go check out the new features in singleplayer... have a gooder! I miss yall...

Last edited:
I imagine that there are several players that play on SuperNoobs, but do not frequent this site/forum. Is there going to be a banner message or something when people log in with details about the update and reset, items that can be vaulted over, how to use the vault, etc?

I gotta ask has there been a date set for the greatly anticipated Scarlet Super Noobs World Reset?
Should be a timeline posted this weekend some time hopefully. At least, that's when Chew said he would work on things.

I imagine that there are several players that play on SuperNoobs, but do not frequent this site/forum. Is there going to be a banner message or something when people log in with details about the update and reset, items that can be vaulted over, how to use the vault, etc?
This is a fair question and a good idea. Maybe an announcement that happens every few minutes and a message at spawn so no one can miss it? I'll mention it on staff chat.