• Full reset

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No reset

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Just reset unclaimed areas

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Hey noobs,
We're on the verge of a new Minecraft update... Like, just around the corner... Any day now! Comonnnn budddy.....

As part of that, the server is looking at how to incorporate these changes on Scarlet. So we've been looking at three different plans:
  1. Reset the world entirely
  2. Do nothing!
  3. Spend around 200 hours writing a program to reset JUST unclaimed parts of the world
The third option is the biggest time sink, but may yield the best result, aside from some jagged borders from differing seeds.

The other augmentation we could incorporate with #2 is the addition of another world (keep in mind Exploratorium would still exist). This would mean that players would be able to go to that world, and BUILD in a fresh 1.13 world that won't be reset. There's space and game-play considerations to be made with that (People get confused by worlds), but it could work out well.

I'm looking for feedback on these three options, as well as providing more transparency into my thought process with this big decision.

As an aside: I believe Violet should probably just be reset (aside from spawn) if anyone has a differing opinion now is the time to let me know.

Comments

I also realized that I haven't really voiced my opinion but here's how I feel.
I would love to have a reset on unclaimed area only because I've worked extremely hard this time around to build my town up.
As your town seems to be built on flat land, maybe the blocks below your town could be removed from a WorldEdit relatively easy? (just thinking out loud, here), and placed on a newly prepared flattened area in the new world (if that's what's happening ^^ )?

I think Slap is right, we need a tutorial and a in depth information source both in game and on the forums. This way we can 'noob-proof' the server...
it's impossible to make something noob-proof, since noobs are so darn inventive ;)

...and make it more noob friendly. I would be willing to do both written and video guides if you need it. We have plenty of awesome builders who can make a better in game guide. I know we have /noob but it feels watered down. I want to see it expanded to not only include basics but also the in depth nitty gritty commands for towny the wiki has so everyone can go from noob to pro.
Maybe someone can make a nice diagram with some pixel art in it, and turn that into a big 4x3 or even 16x9 map picture near spawn? :)
I'd say the most important things that aren't always as easy to figure out is:
  • how land permissions work
  • how Towny works
  • how to manage friends
  • there are parties! parties are fun! :D
  • mcmmo skills
  • jobs
  • homes
  • marriage benefits
  • keeping your items & exp on death, dropping a head :)
  • tpa & tpahere
I may be forgetting something, but I think these might be the biggest ones I've helped people with or investigated for myself over the years :)

EDIT:

I've come across one of the new additions for the 1.13 update: a "buffet" world generation. Perhaps this + World Edit could provide us with a beautiful shared world, where these biomes are pasted onto an existing world?

Last edited:
As much as I'd miss my old town, my first town, my only town and only builds ever I do look forward to everyone having to start out fresh. Mix things up a bit. I've taken screens of my town. I am prepared mentally and emotionally for the apocalypse. I think I'll miss slaps and niches builds more than my own. I look forward to seeing everyones new work in the not too distant Newly Rendered World. Taking my 550 heads with me would bring me great joy. But I suppose I can just start collecting all over again. ;p Hearts to all...

just built a huge sorter and have like 80M in the bank. but i'm okay w/ the full reset. i think it will give me more determination to be online more. new beginning means more to explore. the 1.13 update will be going out soon. we should decide

Some kind of buddy/friend system for noobs, so there is someone they can turn to and not feel like they are being noobie and annoying? I'm always finding there is something i don't know how to do, i have a RL friend that got me on the server though and can bug him constantly. Minus that, there is no way i'd have stuck it out.

Some kind of buddy/friend system for noobs, so there is someone they can turn to and not feel like they are being noobie and annoying? I'm always finding there is something i don't know how to do, i have a RL friend that got me on the server though and can bug him constantly. Minus that, there is no way i'd have stuck it out.
The wiki pages and staff are suppose to be the system. Trust me, we don't mind if people ask questions even if they are newbie questions. The lack of staff presence makes this difficult though and a lot of players don't know about the wiki so I see where you are coming from. Definitely something to keep in mind. Perhaps you can cross post your comment to this thread: https://supernoobs.net/threads/so-now-what.3983/page-4#post-17002 since that is where we seem to be most discussing things we want to add/do differently in the future.

Of all the ideas, I like the idea of a full reset with some sort of vault idea as mentioned. If you allowed a decent one-time carry over for all players rather than just a row or two, that should be sufficient to keep most players since while we have to restart the majority of our work, we don't have to go through the most mundane parts unless we want to. Not sure what it would take to do this, but it seems like it would be easier than any selective reset of the map itself.

I would personally also like to see keeping perks that we've acquired from points through voting such as town plots, cash, et cetera.

Last edited:
Hate to say it... but if there is a full reset without Vaults ill have to say bye to the server. its a bit selfish, but we not talking a few bucks here... xD im well over the $2000 mark i bet now, cause i love the server. But a brand new one without the history (history buff) its just another towny server. Good luck! P.s. i dont care about heads, i think i could do it with 5 vaults or 1 with shulker boxes. my big hole can be created again xD and the top part is whatever ha. Still want to make a superNoobs server historical museum with Slap cause between us we have every item in the server since almost day one. if a full reset happens lets make the museum a reality and the noobs could see where we came from.

I see where you're coming from Notso. That's a lot of money. At least with the knowledge that shulkers no longer can be stored in themselves like they used to it will be less likely they will be exploited for extra space. The previous way of donators getting more vaults and everyone starting with one might be a good way to do things.

My thoughts of executing the full reset:
  • There will be three worlds.
    1. The old main world. You can only switch here to get stuff from your chests. Once you move to the new replacing main world, you can't get back here.
    2. A new main world. This is where you are going to move your items and continue life.
    3. A "museum" world or server. A copy of the old main world. It would be in creative mode, so you can fly around and look at the old builds. You could look but not touch (switch, destroy and build etc.)
  • When you join the renewed scarlet, you will still be in the old world. You will be able to move items from your chests and inventory to the new world for a payment (for example 100 dollars for one inventory slot). The system for moving the items would be similar to or a modified version of the auction house. You put items in the vault using a command. Once you go to the new world, you cannot get back to the old one. There you open a menu (similar to the ah expired items) and take your stuff from there.
  • Exploratorium, nether and the end would get a reset too.

My thoughts of executing the full reset:
  • There will be three worlds.
    1. The old main world. You can only switch here to get stuff from your chests. Once you move to the new replacing main world, you can't get back here.
    2. A new main world. This is where you are going to move your items and continue life.
    3. A "museum" world or server. A copy of the old main world. It would be in creative mode, so you can fly around and look at the old builds. You could look but not touch (switch, destroy and build etc.)
  • When you join the renewed scarlet, you will still be in the old world. You will be able to move items from your chests and inventory to the new world for a payment (for example 100 dollars for one inventory slot). The system for moving the items would be similar to or a modified version of the auction house. You put items in the vault using a command. Once you go to the new world, you cannot get back to the old one. There you open a menu (similar to the ah expired items) and take your stuff from there.
  • Exploratorium, nether and the end would get a reset too.
I'm not sure how we would maintain/host the three worlds in that scenario. We don't have any spare servers as far as I'm aware. I love the idea of a museum world, but again I'm not sure how/where we would host it unless we have a spare server or can afford to maintain one for it somehow. The UI (like auction house) that you mentioned is also a neat idea, but someone would have to develop it, we'd have to worry about potential bugs/glitches, and there are already vault like systems we could use so we shouldn't need another plug-in I don't think. All great suggestions I'm just not sure how we'd implement them :D

I think we're pretty much as a majority for reset if we have vaults. Also, keep jobs and mcmmo as is as well as points.

We're probably going to be discussing if anything is not allowed in the vaults and if anything else is reset other than the world (some people are wanting money reset) and we're also considering options to make the economy more open and inviting not only to new players or old players but to all players.

Ideas are always welcome and will be heard and discussed. Looking forward to the next chapter with you guys <3

Here's where I'm at mentally with a reset.
Things I want to move to the new world
* Mega builds (over 100x100, structures, not just excavated land)
* Collectors items
* McMmo & Jobs
* Sloppy pussy
Things I don't want
* Raw materials (diamonds, wood, quartz, etc)
* Shitty builds
* Money
I'll look into getting a vault system in place, but I'm more in favor of an economic reset at the moment. Collectors items like crate gear and unique enchantments deserve to be preserved.
A timeline will be posted later this weekend with deadlines to move items into vaults.

I know I haven't been on recently but what color said above and what everyone has talked about sounds great to me. I'm not overly attached to my builds as I always start new projects and probably don't have a single one that's finished. But I would like a vault system to move items that I have collected throughout my almost 5 years here. I will definitely be trying to get on more especially if we have a reset.

I think as the game gets easier we run out of things to do, a full reset to me seems like a good opportunity to rebalance and improve. Hopefully we won’t have to do another one for a long time.

Hey noobs,
We're on the verge of a new Minecraft update... Like, just around the corner... Any day now! Comonnnn budddy.....

As part of that, the server is looking at how to incorporate these changes on Scarlet. So we've been looking at three different plans:
  1. Reset the world entirely
  2. Do nothing!
  3. Spend around 200 hours writing a program to reset JUST unclaimed parts of the world
The third option is the biggest time sink, but may yield the best result, aside from some jagged borders from differing seeds.

The other augmentation we could incorporate with #2 is the addition of another world (keep in mind Exploratorium would still exist). This would mean that players would be able to go to that world, and BUILD in a fresh 1.13 world that won't be reset. There's space and game-play considerations to be made with that (People get confused by worlds), but it could work out well.

I'm looking for feedback on these three options, as well as providing more transparency into my thought process with this big decision.

As an aside: I believe Violet should probably just be reset (aside from spawn) if anyone has a differing opinion now is the time to let me know.
Minecraft gets stale after a while, and thats why i feel like most people stopped playing on the server. Most people got bored and stopped because they completed a lot. A full reset would have people playing for a longer time. Have them more into the game because they need to get more materials. Instead of just getting the new blocks and be done with it in a month. (i would like a reset imo)