Welcome lords and ladies to the first annual summer fishing derby! Bring your boats, fishing poles, and winner's luck for your chance to win! Here's what you need to know.
The event starts when this goes live and ends one minute before midnight July 31st.
- Points will be assigned to items due to rarity. Regular fish will start at 1 but super awesome epic items will be 10 (see list at the end of this post).
- There will be chests set up at /warp magievent with your username and mine locking them. You can only have one chest.
- You are encouraged to use /warp fishing for your fishing.
- No bringing in outside items to store in chests it will be considered cheating. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified.
- Cheating is defined as using outside items to up your stats, stealing, griefing, interfering with other participants in any way, or trying to bribe your way to victory. You can use enchanted fishing rods.
- The rules are subject to change if more must be added they will be.
You keep what you fish up and will have a week to move your stuff starting midnight of the last day and ending the next week on the corresponding day at midnight. Items will be stored for you in Magi in Turrim for up to an additional week If items are not claimed by speaking with a member of Magi in Turrim leadership or a server staff member then it will be assumed you do not want to keep them. Empty chests will be removed and items donated at /warp recycle.
When the contest ends, we ask that you allow time for the judge (myself) to get screenshots and catalog everyone's chest before you move it. Screenshots will be posted on the forum and a final list of items and points assigned to them, and will also be available at that time. Please be sure all stack-able items have been stacked before judging begins.
The most points win. There will be first, second, and third place. First place gets Angel Wings and Santa's Rod , second place gets Santa's Rod. Third place gets Spoopy Rod. Participants will get a water breathing potion at the end of the event.
I would also like to remind you all we have a discord that you can use to chat while you fish. It's not required, but it's easier than stopping to type.
Predetermined Point Levels (subject to change)
1- wood items, regular fish, lapis, Leather
2- enchanted wood items, salmon, puffer fish, tripwire hooks
3- stone items, clown fish, saddles, name tags, blaze rods
4- enchanted stone items, enchanted fishing poles with not so great enchantments
5- iron items, single enchantment books, enchanted fishing poles with good enchantments
6- enchanted iron items, double enchantment books, music disks
7- gold items, double enchantment books that work well together, Ender Pearls
8- enchanted gold items, Three or more enchantment books
9- diamond items, three or more enchantment books where all enchantments work well together
10- enchanted diamond items, ghast tears