Sticky Event! Fishing Derby!

How do you like the event?

• Nice!

Votes: 13 100.0%
  • Eh, not really (suggestions welcome)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Welcome lords and ladies to the first annual summer fishing derby! Bring your boats, fishing poles, and winner's luck for your chance to win! Here's what you need to know.

The event starts when this goes live and ends one minute before midnight July 31st.

• Points will be assigned to items due to rarity. Regular fish will start at 1 but super awesome epic items will be 10 (see list at the end of this post).
  • There will be chests set up at /warp magievent with your username and mine locking them. You can only have one chest.
  • You are encouraged to use /warp fishing for your fishing.
  • No bringing in outside items to store in chests it will be considered cheating. Anyone caught cheating will be disqualified.
  • Cheating is defined as using outside items to up your stats, stealing, griefing, interfering with other participants in any way, or trying to bribe your way to victory. You can use enchanted fishing rods.
  • The rules are subject to change if more must be added they will be.

You keep what you fish up and will have a week to move your stuff starting midnight of the last day and ending the next week on the corresponding day at midnight. Items will be stored for you in Magi in Turrim for up to an additional week If items are not claimed by speaking with a member of Magi in Turrim leadership or a server staff member then it will be assumed you do not want to keep them. Empty chests will be removed and items donated at /warp recycle.

When the contest ends, we ask that you allow time for the judge (myself) to get screenshots and catalog everyone's chest before you move it. Screenshots will be posted on the forum and a final list of items and points assigned to them, and will also be available at that time. Please be sure all stack-able items have been stacked before judging begins.

The most points win. There will be first, second, and third place. First place gets Angel Wings and Santa's Rod , second place gets Santa's Rod. Third place gets Spoopy Rod. Participants will get a water breathing potion at the end of the event.

I would also like to remind you all we have a discord that you can use to chat while you fish. It's not required, but it's easier than stopping to type.

Predetermined Point Levels (subject to change)

1- wood items, regular fish, lapis, Leather

2- enchanted wood items, salmon, puffer fish, tripwire hooks

3- stone items, clown fish, saddles, name tags, blaze rods

4- enchanted stone items, enchanted fishing poles with not so great enchantments

5- iron items, single enchantment books, enchanted fishing poles with good enchantments

6- enchanted iron items, double enchantment books, music disks

7- gold items, double enchantment books that work well together, Ender Pearls

8- enchanted gold items, Three or more enchantment books

9- diamond items, three or more enchantment books where all enchantments work well together

10- enchanted diamond items, ghast tears

Last edited:

Comments

Awesome Enzi! I like the sound of this. Hope we get lots of participants. I'll be sure to bring my dusty old fishing rod out of retirement for this as soon as we get back from vacation :D

Have you ever played animal crossing?

In AC you can compete with others to fish up the largest fish.

I wonder if there's a plugin we could get so that we could fish up all different sizes of fish and have a separate prize for that?

Just an idea! I feel like someone like me who doesn't have so much time to be on the server would benefit from a more luck based system that I have more of a shot at than someone who is online more than I am.

Have you ever played animal crossing?

I wonder if there's a plugin we could get so that we could fish up all different sizes of fish and have a separate prize for that?
Yes and yes. There is a plugin but I don't know much about it. I'll try to find it. I would like to use that for the future. For now, this is how it's going to play :)

How do you join? llike for example do you fish and store in a chest?
Are you automatically there til something happens? need more info! ha

And i can see the final total being a tie. 270 points cause of the diamond drops with enchants. i did a 1 hour test and got 5 items that are diamond enchanted. Maybe i am wrong but ill be maxed in 5hrs or so. and how do you stop cheaters from just filling chest with enchanted diamond stuff? entertaining tho. has potential and i like turtles

p.s. what if someone just fills chest with tears??? how do you know? just a concern

Last edited:
How do you join? llike for example do you fish and store in a chest?
Are you automatically there til something happens? need more info! ha
Go to /warp magievent and buy a book, sign the book and drop it in the hopper at the chest you spawn at. Wait until you have a chest. When you do, use that chest to store fished up stuff. you have until the end of July to fill the chest with items you want to count.

forgot ender pearls. Add to #7 imo
Agreed. I'll get it.

And i can see the final total being a tie. 270 points cause of the diamond drops with enchants. i did a 1 hour test and got 5 items that are diamond enchanted. Maybe i am wrong but ill be maxed in 5hrs or so. and how do you stop cheaters from just filling chest with enchanted diamond stuff? entertaining tho. has potential and i like turtles

p.s. what if someone just fills chest with tears??? how do you know? just a concern
I'll be randomly checking people. Also, if I catch people cheating I'm going to be very harsh on them. I'm staff so I can check info that non staff can't :) No worries, I got this.

Go to /warp magievent and buy a book, sign the book and drop it in the hopper at the chest you spawn at. Wait until you have a chest. When you do, use that chest to store fished up stuff. you have until the end of July to fill the chest with items you want to count.

Agreed. I'll get it.

I'll be randomly checking people. Also, if I catch people cheating I'm going to be very harsh on them. I'm staff so I can check info that non staff can't :) No worries, I got this.
Awesomesause