• Have you voted?

Dynamic Map Suggestion

Do you think the exploratorium dynamic map should or should not show your location?

• Yes- We should be able to see our location on the exploratorium dynamic map.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No- We should NOT be able to see our location on the exploratorium dynamic map.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

Neverywhere

True Noob
Silver Donator
I think what L3M is getting at is that the dynamap for Exploratorium isn't working properly. It isn't current somehow. Like it might show that you're beside a jungle but it's actually a snow biome.
I've noticed this as well, but whenever it happens, it seems to be corrected by zooming out (making it scale to a different-looking map) and in again - the unexplored chunks will render as black squares instead of the faulty terrain (which probably still shows parts of a previously visited map).

NekoHunter

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Platinum Donator
At the risk of beating a dead horse, there is one thing I'd like to point out. Before Exploratorium, I'd set homes in this or that biome for resource gathering. Need clay? /home mesa. Need sand? /home desert. Need ice? /home spikes. With Exploratorium, we're not allowed to set homes. I get that this is a good thing so that people don't start building bases there and rage when the world resets every month.

Problem is, if I need sand, I have to jump through the portal and /rtp around or wander aimlessly until I find a desert. Then I have to hope that I've remembered to clear enough inventory space or brought plenty of shulker boxes with me to make the trip worthwhile. It's not an uncommon sight to see someone asking others to bring them shulker boxes or to list boxes on /ah so they don't lose their place in Explo while they go back to dump inventory.

I know this doesn't directly answer the question about how to handle the Dynmap, but this looked like as good a place as any to discuss why Explo doesn't see more use, especially among new players.

dethfan88

Casual Noob
Platinum Donator
Any time I am above surface in the Ex I will call out in chat rare biomes. Spikes, Mesa, Mega Taiga, Rainforest and Flower biomes are ones I will state in chat, wait 30 seconds for a tp request or a message in chat saying "Wait lemme store my gubbins for the harvest."

Neverywhere

True Noob
Silver Donator
Problem is, if I need sand, I have to jump through the portal and /rtp around or wander aimlessly until I find a desert. Then I have to hope that I've remembered to clear enough inventory space or brought plenty of shulker boxes with me to make the trip worthwhile. It's not an uncommon sight to see someone asking others to bring them shulker boxes or to list boxes on /ah so they don't lose their place in Explo while they go back to dump inventory.
I'd recommend /world, it transports you to your last location on the map of your choice.

For the overworld:
Code:
/world world
For the Exploratorium:
Code:
/world exploratorium
Also interesting to note are:
Code:
/world world_nether
/world world_the_end