1. Have you voted?

Unresolved Accidently use one Strong Spirit all Disapear

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Enzichan, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Enzichan

Enzichan Ninja Helper Helper Platinum Donator

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    Enzichan
    I used one strong spirit accidentally when trying to make a shop for it and had all of them disappear.

2. Book_Mouse

Book_Mouse Rock Star Staff Member Mod+ Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Book_Mouse
    Outdated crate items do weird things, but I also had this happen when using the mega cake party and moneybags items from the current crate: If I have another in my inventory, all vanish.

3. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Moderator Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Hmm, that's troubling.

4. Anorak

Anorak Smelly Noob Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    Anoraki
    This happened with my Summer Pick and Hot Dogs. It seems quite random from what I've seen.

5. colorfulchew

colorfulchew Owner Staff Member Owner Platinum Donator Developers Developers Developers

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    colorfulchew
    Gamertag:
    colorfulchew
    Twitch:
    colorfulchew
    YouTube:
    colorfulchew
    I've been sitting here trying to think of a plausible explanation for why, but is it tied to using the item on a shop? Could anyone test?

6. NoNiche

NoNiche NomNomNom Moderator Build Team Architect Build Team Member Platinum Donator

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    I can run some.

7. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    D: Kind of got sidetracked the day I posted this. I'll hop on and test it later tonight. (Making a sticky note for it as we speak so I don't forget again!) I'll post my findings!

One note that I just thought about is that A__NOOB has a crate item shop that he set up and I never saw any complaints from him while making it regarding items disappearing. The majority of the crate items in that shop are from previous crates as well. So take from that what you will.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    @Enzichan Could you give me an as detailed as possible (if you remember the details) account of exactly what happened so I can try to replicate the glitch as closely as possible?

For instance:

How many strong spirits did you have in your hand when you tried to make the shop?
    How many did you have in your inventory?
    What was the command line : /cshop create <?> <?> <?> ?
    And at what point in the process did you accidentally use one?
    (Insert any other information you think may be valuable in trying to reproduce the glitch)

9. Enzichan

Enzichan Ninja Helper Helper Platinum Donator

Home Page:
    Minecraft username:
    Enzichan
    One.
    Don't remember the exact number, about a 16 stack worth at the least. They were unstacked to be sold as single items.
    /cshop create 1 100 50 (I think. It's the same as the summer spirits I have in shop)
    When I went to click the chest to create the shop, I had the bottle in my hand and it used the item.
    I had been expanding my shop to include those and the summer spirits. I set up the summer spirits with no issue.
    I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

10. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    Update

So I tested it twice so far, but I've already burnt up about 8 Strong spirits and don't wanna waste the only ones I have lol so I might test using other items or something...

But, so far..

Test 1

I plopped down a double chest, strong spirits in hand, and made attempted to make the shop which just resulted in me drinking it and no shop was made. Also all of the ones in my inventory poofed. However I realized I didn't even make the plot a shop plot first lol.

So..

Test 2

Same as test 1, only this time I remembered to make the plot a shop plot first. Once again, no shop was made and the other strong spirits vanished. The only difference was this time it said I did not have permissions to create a shop there.

(More tests coming soon.)

Test 3

Tried it once more, but this time I tried shift clicking the chest. Still the same negative result :(

Test 4

I gave it a try with the Summer Spirits and got the same result as I did with the Strong Spirits. With that in mind is there anything you did differently when creating the chest for the Summer Spirits?

(Also, just to note I checked out Noobs craft item shop and he does have chests for all the different old spirit crate items so I'm curious to know how he did it.)

I do have some thoughts. Perhaps it works in shop plots that were created before the crate items expired? I'm not sure how old Noobs shop plots are so I don't know how realistic this idea is.
    It also could have to do with how much you have in hand or perhaps only having one in your inventory might work. I'll give that a try as well as a few other tests. We'll get to the bottom of this dangit!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  11. NoNiche

Minecraft username:
    NoNiche
    So far it's looking like it's just a bug with out of date crate items, as Book had mentioned. With this in mind I'd like to go ahead and get out in front of this issue by saying if you want to make a crate item shop, be sure to make the shops (set them up) while the items are still IN the crate. That may circumvent this issue until a solution can be found (if a solution exists) There may not be a solution to this one though so don't hold out hopes. In that case, refer to what I said above about creating the shops while the items are still in the current crate.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just tried Summer Spirits and that failed too! D:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017